1. Prepare your skin by painting it white like a clown. If you don’t have white face paint at your disposal, slap on some baby powder to get a pale complexion.
2. You can leave the white layer unsealed or if you want sealed use translucent powder or even baby powder or wheat flour.
3. With a black eyebrow brush, paint your eyebrows in the distinctive shape as seen in The Joker. Make sure to reference an image of the Joker to recreate the makeup.
4. With eyeliner, paint or black eyebrow ointment, proceed to make two inverted triangles over each eye.
5. With red lipstick or facepaint, make a rhombus that covers the tip of the nose.
6. To make the Joker’s iconic smile, use deep red lipstick.
This part of the costume is rather simple. Just find yourself a formal-looking green shirt and you should be set.
You have a few options with the vest.
You can browse for yellow vests online or at vintage consignment shops or you can easily make your own version with just a few materials.
To make your own Joker vest, just get some yellow cloth (even an old yellow shirt would do) and cut a deep V-shape down the neck area and two spikes at the bottom to simulate the appearance of a vest. Add some yellow buttons and you have your very own homemade Joker vest.
The suit is the most critical aspect of The 2019 Joker costume aside from the hair and clown makeup. You will need to purchase a maroon red suit that has a bit of a vintage look to it. Consignment shops are a great place to look for this item of clothing. Make sure it is tailored to fit well because Arthur Fleck doesn’t just dress like a schlub.
For footwear you just need to get some shiny brown dress shoes. With that last detail, you have completed your 2019 Joker costume.
You really can’t go wrong with a Joker costume for Halloween or a comic con. It is one of the most iconic costumes out there and always a lot of fun to cosplay as you can let out a bit of your manic wild side. It is also one of the simpler costumes to get done right. Just follow the steps provided above and you should be well on your way to terrorizing the convention floor. Just don’t forget to laugh.