Image Credit: Billy Wong
Stun the convention floor by donning the iconic costume of the warrior goddess of the Amazons with our Wonder Woman costume guide from the recent film starring Gal Gadot.
Wonder Woman has always been a popular character to dress up as for cosplay conventions or Halloween thanks in large part to her popularity from the 1970s TV series, but Gal Gadot’s turn as the iconic heroine has brought this costume back to prominence.
Her outfit features a distinctive red breast plate and a blue pleated armored skirt reminiscent of Ancient Greek warrior outfits. The outfit is brought together with golden elements such as a belt, crown and bracelets.
If you are looking to dress up as a strong and powerful female character that is instantly recognizable, you can’t pick a better costume than this. Read the instructions below to put together your own outfit for cosplay.
Wonder Woman Costume Ideas
Authentic High Quality Cosplay Sets
No products found.
Classic Wonder Woman Costume DIY
Last update on 2022-05-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How to Dress Like Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman
Diana has beautiful long dark hair that flows below her shoulders. If your natural color is brown or black, you do not need a wig, you just have to wave your hair with a curling iron and comb it to create less defined waves.
However, there are many wonderful wigs available to help you recreate her look.
- Use EVA foam to recreate the headband using a pattern.
- Paint the foam headpiece gold.
- Join both ends with hot silicone or glue.
- Create the bracelets using the same material you used for the headband.
- Cut the EVA foam according to the length and width of your forearm.
- Join it with hot silicone and let it dry.
- Make two stars with red EVA foam, one for each bracelet.
- For the belt you can apply the same method you used for the headband, the difference is that you are going to measure your hip to adjust the belt.
- Close it using elastic or a magic clasp for greater ease.
- Another option is to buy a gold-colored fabric and follow the patterns available on Youtube, Google, or Pinterest.
- Wear a red blouse and blue shorts that you can modify.
- If the blouse has sleeves, cut them out to make a low-cut blouse.
- Join the blue shorts with the blouse with needle and thread.
- Use elastic gold cloth or a yellow shirt that you do not use to cut a ribbon of approximately 1m x 1m and attach it to the top of the blouse.
- To make the symbol that is attached to the blouse you can use yellow or gold-colored felt, EVA foam or fabric to do it.
- Using patterns, draw the silhouette of each figure, and cut it out.
- Attach it with hot silicone, sew it or stick 3 pins to hold it on the blouse.
- If you want to simulate the Wonder Woman skirt, look in your wardrobe for a large blue shirt or buy vinyl or imitation leather fabric to make different thick strips to assemble the skirt. You can cut 6 wide strips to the length you want and glue it with the help of hot silicone using a felt strip of gold fabric to hold each strip.
- Complete the look with red rain boots.
- Wear long red stockings to simulate Wonder Woman’s boots.
- You can use the braided sandals you have at home, if the braiding rope is short; use a longer rope so that you cover the entire leg until it reaches the knee.
- Define your eyebrows according to your natural color using pomades or eyebrow pencils.
- Use brown transition shades for your eyelids. (Remember that she was an Amazon and did not wear makeup.)
- Use red lipstick to complete the look.
Lasso of Truth:
- Get a golden string or rope
- If you can’t find a golden rope, you can use gold spray paint to get the right color for your lasso replica prop.