Image Credit: Billy Wong
You won’t even need a ring to transform into one of DC Comics’ most famous heroes thanks to our Green Lantern costume guide.
Green Lantern is one of the founding members of the Justice League. His power emanates from the ring originating from the Green Lantern Corps.
While Hal Jordan is the most popular character to take on the Green Lantern name, there is no shortage of characters who have become the Green Lantern over the years, including Jessica Cruz, Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner, Simon Baz and John Stewart.
The diversity of heroes who have donned the iconic black and green suit makes it a great cosplay choice for people of all backgrounds!
No products found.
Green Lantern Rings
Last update on 2022-05-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How to Dress Like Green Lantern
Green Lantern wears a very simple mask that only covers his eyes and nose. It is similar to the kind of mask that other superheroes like Robin wear. You can make your own by using anything from cardboard to latex. Use a pattern to trace the shape and cut it out with scissors. Proceed to paint it green and use some latex to affix it to your face.
The Green Lantern is known for wearing a black and green spandex suit with the Green Lantern logo on the chest. If you don’t want to wear a ready-made morph suit, here are a few options:
- If you already own some green and black clothes you can use those items and cut and sew them together to approximate the suit.
- If you want the costume to be more realistic, go to a costume store or sports store and get two spandex or expandable lycra suits, one green and one black. Cut the sleeves and legs of the green suit with scissors, and replace them with parts of the black suit.
For each of these approaches you will need to design the Green Lantern logo out of another material (such as felt) using a design pattern.
If you have gloves at home you can paint them green and complete the suit. However you can also use the remains of the green suit that you have cut and design some gloves with the remaining fabric.
For the boots, you have three options:
- Use green boots that you have at home or that you can borrow.
- If you do not have green boots, with the help of the remaining fabric of the green suit, make stockings that cover your shoes.
- If you have a pair of socks that are long enough, dye them green and complete the look.
You can make your own Green Lantern ring using an existing ring as a base. Cut out a soda top and affix it to your ring. Paint it green and affix it to the ring with silicone. You can even fit a small LED within it to make it glow.